Hey... welcome back. Sorry abot not updating yesterday... loads of stuff to do.
In any case nice simple day. Did most of my HW, packed a deck and went for team practice. But the deck I brought proved to be a bit clunky, hence i threw in some blue. Here's the list.
U/G.... ermm.... (i don't have a name :p)
4 Misty Rainforest
3 Halimar Depths
4 Oran Rief, the Vastwood.
x Rainforests
y Rainforests
25 lands
(Where x+y=14)
4 Llanowar Elves
2 Arbor Elf
3 Great Sable Stag
3 Wolfbriar Elemental
3 Lodestone Golem
2 Sphinx of Jwar Isle
17 Creatures
2 Into the Roil
3 Spreading Seas
3 Treasure Hunt
4 Harrow
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
3 Rite of Replication
18 Other Spells
Making the deck, I've absolutely NO IDEA how the gameplay would be like. The answer? See the 3 games i played.
Game 1: Against Vampires (piloted by Bryan.)
This is, to an extent, a budget variant. It lacks fetch lands, but still packs a wallop.
we quickly keep our starting hands, and he came out guns ablaze with a Vampire Lacerator, followed by a Bloodghast.
I had a slow start and was down to 13 by turn 3. Fortunately, He was stuck on 4 lands most of the game (one of his swamps got spreading sea'ed) And I slowly stablised and built up to 9 mana.
I had a Sphinx, but decided not to cast it yet. Instead I just waited.
This happened on 2nd last turn:
Bryan: If I get another land, I win. (Not really what he said, but you get the gist.)
Well, it wasn't that accurate, he killed off most of my dudes, and I was down to 2 life. He had the Bloodghast in the graveyard, but I could handle that (I still had a blocker). He drew-
And NAILED THAT 5th LAND, bringing a hasty 2/1 back from the graveyard. Attacking with it was not on his mind though. He tapped out and CAST Malakir Bloodwitch. Her effect would have drained me of my last 2 life. BUT-
My ace was in my hand. Remember that I wouldn't cast that sphinx? Well, I had another card. I nailed the Bloodghast
with a KICKED Into the Roil, allowing me to draw one more card.... So the Bloodwitch's effect counted only itself, and nailed me for 1, leaving me with 1 life... which meant I would had one more turn before that Bloodwitch flew over my blocker ftw. I drew-
AND SCORE! A Rite of Replication, and I had the mana to kick it :) Out came 5 copies of the Bloodwitch, and I fried Bryan all the way down to 0 (5 effects of drain for 5). Epicness.
Game 2: Against U/R/G Summoning Trap
That one, was really close. I had him on the run with 2 sphinxes (I had a good draw, loads of ramp :)) And was happily smashing away when he cast that Summoning Trap. He looked at his 7 cards....
And Summoned Iona, Shield of Emeria. Now normally legends ain't a problem (I legend-rule them to death) But this one had the abilty to lock out my blue spells, which contained some of my gamebreakers. Now, I'm doomed right? Alright, maybe I am :( (I used Into the Roil, but.... I checked the rules. I can't respond to Iona's effect with a removal spell.Well this stinks.) On to game 3, because if Into the Roil didn't bounce Iona, will I win?
Current score: 1-1(?)
Game 3: Rematch with above.
I had a nice rampy start this time. I bashed away with Lodestone Golem, but.... He roasted that with Burst Lightning. Then he used Summoning Trap, this time, to bring out Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund!!! He smashed me down to 5 with it. Luckily, I drew Rite of Replication, Using it to Legend-rule it to death :) I summoned the Sphinx. Then he had a fatty in the form of Borgadan Hellkite. We traded fatties. Then I managed to kick Wolfbriar Elemental a couple of times (Pumped with Oran Rief, the Vastwood). We were on to the next game.
Current Score: 2-1(?)
Game 4: Rematch (Again :))
No Summoning Trap shenanigans this time, he got stuck on mana, and again I smashed face with the Lodesone Golem.
And again, It got burst lightning'ed :(. Poor sap. Again, I kicked Wolfbriar Twice, the followed it up wih another kicked thrice :) Although he had some blockers, and had destroyed my elemental, it wasn't enough to prevent me for swinging for lethal.
Final Score: 3-1 (?)
All in all, it wasn't so bad.... I had a blast with this deck. What I could do to improve it... would be to add maybe more utility, or maybe some thing to take advantage of certain cards.
Come back next week to check out what improvements I'm making to this deck. ENJOY YOUR WEEKENDS!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment