In any case, I decided to chronicle my thoughts into this blog, so as I look back, I get a laugh out of this. First of all, some basic rules. No spamming, No bullying, No yodelling, No vulgarities and most important of all, no calling me Yao Ming (my friends called me this back at Sec. School, it got on my nerves.)
Well, now that this is out of the way, I have no idea how to kick-start a blog, hence, for starters, a little something of myself. 1st of all, I'm 16 years old, gonna be 17 come Nov 30, official height of 1.89m (measured at school, not accurate because I was slouching :) ). I studied, for the best of the last 10 years, at Christian Brother Schools, namely St.Michael's (now known as SJIJ) and St. Patrick's. Now, I go to Yishun JC, much to the dismay of my old school-mates, many whom are going to Polytechnics. I love card games and computer games, absoultely loathed football (no one ever passed me the ball.), and recently picked up a new hobby in a form of a CCA, not telling you what it is, I'm still challenging people to guess it on Facebook. I simply adore spicy food (hottest ranked at Jalapeno peppers, lowest rank at Japanese curry, which I feel does not deserve the title of curry whatsoever.), and hate, to this day, ginger and poorly-cooked onions. This is where I shall stop, more info could be found on my Facebook a/c. Here's the title:
Facebook URL :
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=100000343207324
Right then, now apparently I'm supposed to write about recent events. Due to my JC education, I'll not be so free, unlike some of my peers, to update this everyday. However, I can still update this every week, at least twice, if possible.
So then.... where to start.
Alright. Main event: During the week, from 09 March 2010, to 12 March 2010, I went to camp. (which incidentally, is a daily thing nowadays, but mine had some special highlights.)
Day UNO (or 1, or one, or etc.):
Went to the campsite at Bintan. Set up camp, had icebreakers with the facilitators, you know, stuff which people do on the 1st day. Lunch was ermmmm.... simple, Rice served with Achar (YAY.), green chili with salted fish (DOUBLE YAY.), some weird potato thing (TRIPLE YAY.)
and chicken that looks like pigeon, went well with rice. (
DAY DOS (or 2, or two, or etc.)
THERE WAS A MEGA STORM. Now, to my knowledge, Bintan did not have any rainfall for the past 2 months. (due to El Nino) It was hot, sweaty and humid there. So when the rain 1st camp, in a form of a light shower, we rejoiced (easier to sleep now, yes, it happened while we're sleeping.). But then, the wind became stronger, our tent which did not have any support began to float. Water started to seep in. we quickly packed our things and lifted them up to prevent them from getting wet. Then the rain grew heavier and heavier, and the wind grew stronger until-
"WHOOSH."
Our tent flew up, up and away, flew to the left, and COLLIDED with the tent nearby. So there we are, no shelter, in the midst of a raging tempest. I wished I could say that we stood stoic in the rain, huddled together for warmth, or did something brave. We didn't. We panicked (yes, panic, with the screaming and all that) and there was a mad rush for the next tent. We were packed like sardines (45 people in a tent meant for 25), standing until 3am, when a teacher evacuated us from the soon-to-be collapsing tent (not really, but the light hanging there was about to fall off.) and sent us to the holding area. Our group (M5, btw.) was given the ballroom (no air-con) to sleep. We did not wake up till 9am.
Other that that, nothing special really happened.
Magic, the Gathering: Finally decided to show up at Games Day. I saw loads of really good decks, and wondered whether I could get back into the game. In the end, I got a few cards I saw as really good, and went off to make a mono-green deck. The end result left much to be desired, was to0 clunky, and didn't really have a come-out-of-nowhere finish. ('cept the Dread Statuaries, wonderful card to have after a Wrath.) But then again, It was play-testing, and I feel that there was room for improvement. (Perhaps a color splash, or maybe 1 or 2 copies of overrun.). Personally, colorless manlands are wonderful due to an uncanny ability to attack into a bunch of protected creatures. They are also great after you/the foe cleared the field, and they fit into any deck.
In any case, this is all I can, or wish to say. I'll be back next week to update.
Many wishes of good grace,
Ernie (which is friendlier then Ernst, anyway.)
P.S. Here's a list of the current deck, I'll provide an updated list every week, with some test game accounts and how I viewed the deck.
Mono-Green (I'm Back!)
4 Dread Statuary
4 Oran-Rief, The Vastwood
16 Forests
24 Lands
4 Llanowar Elf
2 Arbor Elf
4 River Boa
4 Leatherback Baloth
4 Lodestone Golem
4 Wolfbriar Elemental
22 Creatures
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Harrow
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
3 Bestial Menace
14 Other Spells
3 Great Sable Stag
3 Slingshot Trap
4 Acidic Slime
3 Summoning Trap
2 Overrun/Eldrazi Monument
15 Sideboard Cards
Pros:
Easy, simple to use deck with a nice tool (Lodestone Golem) against the big daddy deck of the moment, Jund. Also has good side against some of the better decks in the current meta. Has cheap, efficient beats.
Cons:
Too slow. Unable to hold its own against fast decks like Boros Bushwhacker. Often mana-flooded or screwed, but that was due to poor shuffling tech. No come-out-of-nowhere finish. Being Mono-Green, suffers from lack of cheap removal.
Plans to upgrade:
Add some surprise finishers (eg. Overrun or Eldrazi Monument. Strength of the Tanjaru may work.). Add decent cheap blockers/ Faster acceleration. More combat tricks (eg. Primal Bellow/Groundswell).
Usage of removal may work (eg. Splash colour, Usage of alternate removal).
No comments:
Post a Comment