Simple day today. Stayed at my uncle's place, packed up some post-camp items, and went for my 1st MTG team training. The deck I brought wasn't as good as I hoped, like I said earlier, It was too clunky. In any case, I decided to stick with this deck for the heck of it, It will definitely be a challenge to make it tournament-worthy and still be an original decklist (no Elves or Mega-Ramp, I hate Netdecking.)
In any case, here's an updated list.
Mono-Green v.1.1
2 Dread Statuary
4 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
18 Forest
24 Lands
4 Llanowar Elf
3 Arbor Elf
4 River Boa
4 Leatherback Baloth
2 Master of the Wild Hunt
3 Wolfbriar Elemental
20 Creatures
4 Vines of Vastwood
4 Harrow
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
2 Overrun
13 Other Spells
Now, I'm sure you noticed that this deck is currently incomplete. That's because I couldn't find a good 3-drop. Therefore, I decided to drop mono-green for the time being to wait for better green cards. Because, as they said, The Grass is GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE (yes, that was a horrible pun.) I still wanted to keep the green though, and therefore, I made 2 decks on each end of the spectrum, but in all intents and purposes fulfil the same thing.
Green-Black Rock.
4 Verdant Catacombs
2 Dread Statuary
2 Savage Lands
4 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
4 Swamp
8 Forest
24 Lands
4 Birds of Paradise (or Llanowar Elf for the budget version.)
4 Putrid Leech
3 River Boa
3 Great Sable Stag
3 Leatherback Baloth
2 Master of the Wild Hunt
4 Abyssal Persecutor
24 Creatures
3 Duress
2 Smother
4 Maelstrom Pulse
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
12 Other Spells
This deck seems to be more on the expensive side.... Its mana base and curve left me wanting.
But... It has powerful beaters in the form of Baloths, Leech, and Persecutor (which in my opinion is pure AWESOMESAUCE, but I wonder how to get rid of it once the foe hits -tive). Also, being a Rock deck, it should, in theory,be able to do something every turn in the early game. It is also able to move smoothly into aggro should the need arise.
In any case, I'll post the other list next post because I'm too lazy to continue. Night :).
Signed,
Ernie (Ernst)
No comments:
Post a Comment