Saturday, April 10, 2010

A personal reflection of the 1st quarter of 2010

Aw man... Life's a total mess right now. I'm clogged with work, doing badly in Essay tests, and jammed with commitments here and there. My school friends aren't helping much either. Therefore, I'm writing a recount of what happened during the 1st quarter of 2010.

General: Went into JC. Really, when you're 1st in JC, after being one of the oldest in Sec School, it's like being Sec1 all over again. It's worst when nearly everyone has their Birthdays earlier. I know this saved me from Birthday Bashes, but every time someone points out a mistake, I feel like some kid who's being told off. Maybe it's because I've become a lot more sensitive to this since Sec1. Didn't feel that way back then. 2ndly, take a boy who has been in a boy's school since Primary One, and put him in a school where the MAJORITY of students is GIRLS. What do you get? A complete Shyfest. Honestly, I become a lot more withdrawn because of this. Finally, it's the nicknames, how do you like being called Johnny English?
By Subject:
GP: w/o a doubt, one of the hardest topics i've been in, and I have the most irrelevant knowledge. Really, as of LAST year, my little mental archive is considered obselete, due to progress. Knowing little bits of info is useless. One must take this bits and piece them together to get the big picture, then zoom into that picture to pinpoint whatever you're going into. I failed to do that, and as a result, obtained dismal marks. =.=
Economics: Centered around the MAIN problem of Scarcity, Grapsing the concept is easy, anyone can do it. The hard part comes in APPLYING it, knowing when your knowledge comes in handy, knowing whether or not it is irrelevant to the question. The 2nd bit comes in writin it quickly. This I fail to do, and again I constantly fail ESSAY parts.
Geog and CSE: Refer to Econs. Nearly the same there.
Maths: Man, my little comfort in a environment of Essay Torture. Nothing beats figuring out Questions. Too bad it's a H1 subject.
PW: Driving me mad here, so much work to do, most likely to get kicked back at me to redo. Still haven't figured out what I could learn from Syncretism.
CL: Doable, DW, refer to translator, make sure you pick up the vocab. (same goes for GP, w/o translator) The rest will come naturally.
CCA: Fencing- FUN, FUN, FUN as hell. Height and dominant hand factors a little there. I'm tall, giving me further reach, and is left-handed, meaning that people do not know how to come at me, since there's less left-handed people in the meta. Coach says I should go for epee.
Magic, the Gathering: Since my return to the game, I've been doing badly. My concept is still pretty strong, the main problem comes in applying it. Honestly, I'll will not go for a tourney until I get better, and my deck is set up. I'm just that weak.
Not much of a reflection, but it's a start. I suppose it's time to go back to the Grinder. On the plus side, Poly starts this week!! YAY!
SIGNING OFF,
ERNIE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment