Monday, May 3, 2010

*Yawn* I like Labour Day... To celebrate fools that work all day, by sending them home to play.

Man, I love Labour Day. Govt's had it right. Good thing it's at the weekends, too. That means I can finally update my blog... It's been what, a week since I did? My poly pals ain't so lucky... they still have school :P

School: My PI got rejected. Damn. The points are there though, and I just have to think of a better future circumstance to work on. Therefore, I'm working on ways to solve petty conflicts (if you read the newspapers often, chances are last year, you'll find an article stating that there are more lawsuits over this. LOL.) Also took down plenty of notes in my lectures too, I'm glad my sweets actually came to some use :) Econs on the other hand, ain't so hot. Still screwing up my essays, big time. Honestly. ON another note, I've been picking up cursive writing. (apparently you'll write faster.)

Life: Got my BANK A/C at last. Sweet. So glad my ma's finally agreed to let me manage my finances. Made me feel a little more mature. However, it's a double edged sword, now I can't afford to lose my wallet :( ON another note, my Uncle sat me down, told me to discuss with him what I learnt in school everyday from now on. Gave me plenty of advice too. (apparently, reference books are a good bet. Dunno whether I'd have time to go to the library after school to pick up some. Time to borrow. (hope I don't get overdue-d, they actually charge you for that.)
Also found a nice song: Spose's I'm AWESOME. It's hilarious, go find it on youtube.

MTG: Got my ROE packs last week. opened some solid commons, strong rares, AND A FREAKING SARKHAN THE MAD FOIL!! This is shaping up to be an awesome week. But I can't use foils in tournaments, sold it to Brendan for $20. Now it will just look nice in his folder. (FORGIVE ME MY RAKDOS KIN)

Also made a list for my new deck. Plenty of burn, creatures good enough to win games on it's own, and loads of disruption. Here's my choices:
Creatures:
Sedraxis Specter: I've been playing this card for the past year, and it was plain SOLID. 3/2 with flying for 3 is very efficient already, + its unearth ability and discard is excellent. (note, flying gets past most walls.)
Thought Gorger: I initially gave up on this card when I thought only when it gets sent to the graveyard you get to draw, BUT now i noted when it LEAVES the Battlefield, I get to draw! That makes it awesome too. Too lazy to empty all that burn? leave it to him, with $$$ back guarantee. Also, think: He will set up your graveyard for a UNEARTH alpha strike.
Siege Gang Commander: Perhaps not the best choice, I'm thinking... a more solid dude? (Sphinx of Jwar Isle?)
Creeping Tar-Pit: Sneaks in for damage. All he asks is some mana commitment and ways to draw out removal. Nice.
Burn:
Flame Slash: apparently 4's the magic no. nowadays.
Lightning bolt: 'nuff said.
Burst Lightning: I explained why many posts ago, go find out yourself! jkjk, it's versatile, need anymore be said?
Staggershock: Think- deals 4 dmg divided by 2 to dudes/players as targeted. You can't deal 4 dmg on one dude. Surprisingly good.
Blightning: Solid when 1st introduced, solid now.

Removal:
Terminate: leave it to this card to clear anything with a target printed on it's head.
Consuming Vapors: Kills plenty of stuff. you get life out of the deal too.
Doom Blade/Smother/Vendetta: Meh.

Draw:
Sign in Blood: What more can be said?
Divination: More draw.
Covenant of Minds: I like to mess with their heads.

Shoot, out of time. Will post a list next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment