Sunday, August 22, 2010

A simple record of things.

Well, it's been a while since I updated this, so let's get on with it.

Good things first; I managed to pass my economics test, finished my essays on time, and able to get some studying done. Things are definitely looking up. As for MTG, I'm looking to add some blue to allow me to interact with the board. I'm thinking lots of counters, etc. Also, I'm looking into trying to make a budget Turbo Land Deck. I've looked at the prices of some of the cards and the prices are through the ROOF! Here's a list of what I may not use:

Jace, The Mind Sculptor: $200 a piece? You've got to be kidding me.
Primieval Titan: While he seems to be the main force of the deck, I don't really think I can afford a card of this calibre. I'll try to obtain it though.
Lotus Cobra: Expensive now, will be expensive for a LOOOOOOONG time yet. Helps ramp up to others though.
And so on. However, I'm confident of getting the U/G Sac-Lands (Misty Rainforest), Jace Beleren, and perhaps Frost Titan on the cheap. I should run a bit of a control game and put things away with a big fatty (Frost Titan perhaps). However, the Eldrazi List also intrigues me. Anyways, this are my options for the following:

My Ramp Suite:
Bird of Paradise x 4
Overgrown Battlement x 4
Oracle of Mul Daya x 3
Cultivate/Harrow x 4
Total: 15

My Permission Suite:
Cancel x 1
Mana Leak x 4
Negate x 2

Anti-Tempo/Tempo:
Into the Roil
Spreading Seas
Jace Beleren
All is Dust (?)
Jace's Ingenuity
Sphinx of Lost Truths
Frost Titan

And so on. I haven't really put much thought into it... I'm hoping to disrupt my opponent enough leave him in a position vulnerable to a clinical finish by Frost Titan, along with counter back-up and removal (I'm looking into Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre for this). But anyways, join me niext time as we go deeper into this.

Also, the buddy I've made during my Shanghai-Beijing Immersion Trip during June has responded back. Apparently she has been really busy, and her test that will determine which University she goes to is next week. She did find the time to provide me an insight. It's also good for me too, because now I've an insider account of China's Policies from a citizen's point of view, and in the Capital too. This is definitely going to help my China Studies Grade.

Finally, the 3rd chapter for "The March" is up. Go read it and you get a cookie (Joking.)

Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment