Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hey folks, I'm back :) Sorry I couldn't update yesterday, I had to travel 1 hour by bus to Woodlands and I got dog-tired. In any case... onward to business. It's raining as i type this entry.... may stop soon. Today I went back to school... had a few lessons. Simple as pie :) As I was going home, I went through a couple of strategies to beat the meta, then suddenly, an idea came to me. So pure and simple :) I'm typing out the decklist now so that I won't forget.

Here we go:
UG Ramp Control (I know the name isn't original, shut up :3)

4 Misty Rainforest
3 Seaside Citadel
2 Halimar Depths
X Islands
16 - X Forests (hehe, Algebra)
25 Lands Total

1 Inkwell Leviathan (I like him, combos well with Spreading Seas.) (May be taken out if needed)
3 Lorescale Coatl/Noble Hierach
2 Sphinx of Jwar Isle
6 Creatures Total


4 Ponder
3 Treasure Hunt/Divination
4 Spreading Seas
3 Into the Roil
2 Essence Scatter
2 Negate
2 Cancel/Mind Spring
4 Harrow
3 Jace, The Mind Sculptor/Garruk Wildspeaker
2 Mind Control
29 Other Spells



Ah.... Simple Gameplay. Simply get plenty of Lands and ramp 'em into 3 gamebreakers. Or switch to planB in the next round and mill 'em out with your side. Trouble is, I can't handle 'em
fast decks, and is considering a red splash for sweepers like Pyroclasm, Volcanic Fallout, or Earthquake. Heck, I might as well dump them all in, along with some Scalding Tarns. You'll also notice that there is some mana denial in there too.

Lorescale Coatl is in because....

You draw 3 cards with Jace, which in my opinion is AWESOME (+3 <+1/+1> counters). In any case, it's defensive capabilities is hampered by lack of removal. I"ll like to stuff in Sphinx of Lost Truths and Visionary, as well as some more counter spells. Maybe I'll take out treasure hunt, Its goodness is hampered w/o any landfall.

In any case, that's all I have for today. Cya next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment